About Service Corps
Service Corps is a program provides an opportunity for Net Impact members to use their business skills to help their communities. Service Corps volunteers engage in short-term, part-time consulting engagements at nonprofits in their communities, consulting on engagements related to marketing, business planning/operations, and strategic planning. Click HERE to find out more about the benefits for nonprofits and volunteers of participating in a Service Corps project.
News and Events
Service Corps is Now Recruiting Nonprofit Projects for the Spring 2012 Cycle!
DCNI’s award-winning Service Corps program is now recruiting for its spring 2012 cycle. The Service Corps team is looking for strong, energetic organizations that could benefit from working with a team of highly qualified DC Net Impact volunteer consultants on a professional consulting project. If you are part of, or know of, an organization with a project related to marketing, business planning/operations or strategic planning, please reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shawna Ryan, your Service Corps Lead, is reaching out to client organizations in December to identify potential projects for Service Corps volunteers to take on beginning in February. If your organization is interested in working with a Service Corps team this spring, read on…
- Nonprofit (501(c)(3)) status;
- An operating history of at least one year;
- An annual budget of at least $350,000;
- A minimum of three full-time staff members;
- A willingness to accommodate flexible volunteer working hours and an understanding that the team is volunteering its time; and
- A staff person that can dedicate 15 to 20 hours per month (including at least 5 hours with the volunteers on-site) on work related to the Service Corps project for the duration of the project.
- Projects must effectively utilize the skills of Net Impact members/Service Corps volunteers;
- Project should fall into one of these categories: marketing, operations or strategic planning;
- Project must have specific and attainable goals, such as “the creation of an 18-month marketing plan” or “the creation of a business plan for the launch of a new program”; and
- Project must fit into the project scope and timetable set by Net Impact (i.e., can be completed by a team of volunteers working 15 to 20 hours per month for approximately three months).
Ready to apply? Great! Please send answers to the following questions about your project to email@example.com by December 23rd:
- Brief description of the organization;
- Description of project including brief description of proposed scope;
- Confirmation that a Point of Contact from the organization will be available to work with the project team;
- Confirmation of 501(c)(3) status; and
- Confirmation that a representative of the organization will be available for a project kick-off meeting on February 11th.
We look forward to hearing from you!